Stick Welding Certification
|Stick Welding Certification|
|Version:||0.1.0 - 2020-11-03|
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
- Parts of the welder are properly identified
- Mode selector dial
- Voltage selector
- Ground clamp
- Output selector switches
- Personal Protection Gear - safety glasses, welding helmet, welding gloves, welding jacket (or long sleeves!)
- Do not wear clothing made from synthetic or synthetic blends.
- No unrestrained long hair and no flowing clothes. Closed-toed shoes are required.
- Make sure there are no puddles on floor in welding area, particularly around machines.
- Make sure that the welding area is free of flammable materials.
- Adjust welding screens to make sure no bystanders can be caught by arc-flash.
- Turn on the fume extractor and position the end of the extraction arm near your workpiece.
- Make sure no bare skin is ever in contact with the workbench or workpiece during welding or while your parts are hot.
- Clamp a rod into the stinger by twisting the head of the stinger to tighten the internal jaws onto the bare end of the rod.
- Adjust amperage based on weld rod diameter
- Hold the stinger as appropriate to your weld position and requirements. While welding, edges of flux on rod should just barely not touch the base metal and puddle.
- Treat all work as if it is hot enough to burn you through your gloves.
- Turn off the fume extractor.
- Turn off the machine (Lincoln DC-400).
- Disconnect the ground clamp, coil cords and store neatly.
- Return all tools.
- Clean the workbench.
- Sweep up (the floor) after yourself, and deposit slag and rod stubs in appropriate metal bucket.
- DO NOT put hot slag and/or rod stubs in standard trash can with other floor sweepings.
- Tool unplugged and plug wrapped in safe/visible location, tag filled out and posted, front desk notified.
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email email@example.com, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).