Metal Band Saw Certification
From Claremont MakerSpace
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Metal Band Saw Certification|
|Document/Printout||Metal Band Saw Certification|
|Required For Tools/Shops|
|Version:||0.1.0 - 2021-08-05|
Certification required for: Powermatic Metal Bandsaw (Metal Shop)
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
- Parts of the Band Saw are identified properly.
- Blade guard height adjuster
- Blade guard
- Blade guide
- Blade guard lock
- Stop & Start buttons
- Blade width, thickness, and pitch
- Safety precautions are followed - safety glasses, proper clothing, work area cleared, etc.
- Stock is checked for issues/problems
- Blade guard height is adjusted to proper level for the job at hand
- The blade height is locked after adjustment
- Proper blade is selected for metal being cut
- Proper saw speed set for metal being cut
- Bar or tubing properly attached to prevent saw from rotating material
- At least 3 blade teeth engaged with material to avoid shocking the blade
- Proper body position
- Proper push aid(s) are used
- Student conducts curved cut properly
- Student conducts straight cut properly
- Miter gauge is used properly
- Work area is cleaned - scraps go to metal scrap bin and work area is swept or vacuumed
- Push aids are returned to their proper locations
- Tool unplugged and plug wrapped in safe/visible location, barrel covers and locks, tag filled out and posted, front desk notified.
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email email@example.com, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).