Scroll Saw Certification
From Claremont MakerSpace
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Scroll Saw Certification|
|Document/Printout||Scroll Saw Certification|
|Required For Tools/Shops|
|Version:||1.0.0 - 2022-11-16|
Certification required for: Scroll Saw (Wood Shop)
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
Parts of the Scroll Saw are identified properly.
- Blade mountings
- Blade guard
- Blade tension control
- On-off switch
- Variable speed control
- Table tilt mechanism
- Pre-Operation Safety precautions are followed - safety glasses, proper clothing, work area cleared, etc.
- Stock is checked for issues/problems
- Select proper scroll saw blade for type and thickness of material
- Scroll saw blade is properly installed and tensioned
- Blade guard is in the proper position
- Proper body position
- Proper push aid(s) are used
- Blade speed adjusted for proper operation
- Student conducts straight cut properly
- Student conducts curved cut properly
- Student conducts bevel cut properly
- Work area is cleaned - scraps go to scrap bin and work area is swept or vacuumed
Tool unplugged and plug wrapped in safe/visible location, barrel covers and locks, tag filled out and posted, front desk notified.
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).