Spindle Sander Certification
From Claremont MakerSpace
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Spindle Sander Certification|
|Document/Printout||Spindle Sander Certification|
|Required For Tools/Shops|
|Version:||0.1.0 - 2020-11-03|
Certification required for: Spindle Sander (Wood Shop), Wood River Oscillating Spindle Sander (Wood Shop)
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
- Mitre Guide
- Sanding Drum
- On/Off Switch
- Sanding Table
- Belt Attachment
- Safety precautions are followed - safety glasses, proper clothing, work area cleared, etc
- Dust collector is used properly
- Demonstrates safe sanding procedures on a small piece of lumber that has an arc.
- Demonstrates proper usage of abrasive belt cleaning block. (Big Eraser)
- Work area is cleaned
- Can name all the materials that can be sanded on wood shop sanders
- Can state the 3 requirements of wood that is sanded on wood shop sanders
- Tool unplugged and plug wrapped in safe/visible location, barrel covers and locks, tag filled out and posted, front desk notified
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).