Torch Soldering Certification
|Torch Soldering Certification|
|Document/Printout||Download (old versions)|
Certification for: Fume Extractor (Jewelry Studio), Large Crock Pot (Jewelry Studio), Small Crock Pot (Jewelry Studio), Smith NE180A Acetylene Torch (Jewelry Studio)
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
All tools and their appropriate uses can be properly identified.
- Acetylene Air Torch
- Butane Torches
- Electric lighter and Flint Lighter
- Soldering Surfaces (solderite, pumice, charcoal, etc.)
- Air Vent
- Pickle Pot Station & tools
- Soldering Hand Tools & Solder Types
- Safety precautions are followed - safety glasses, hair tied back, sweatshirt ties and other loose clothing is secured and out of the way, close toed shoes, etc.
- Acetylene tank has been turned on with appropriate pressure
- Ensure quenching dish is full
- Electric Lighter is turned ON
- Air Vent is ON and positioned appropriately
- Pickle Pot is plugged in and turned to HIGH
- Ensure neutralizing solutions are full
- Appropriate torch and soldering surfaces are chosen for scope of project
- Torch is used with correct technique
- Pieces are quenched after soldering
- Pickle is used appropriately with COPPER tongs only
- Pieces are neutralized correctly after pickling
- Torch is turned OFF and pressure valve closed
- Electric Igniter is turned OFF
- Pickle Pot is turned OFF and UNPLUGGED
- All work areas are tidied and tools put away
- Air Vent is turned OFF
- Flux jar is fully closed and sealed
- All hand tools are cleaned of flux and debris
- Solder is stowed in appropriate tin and put away
- All projects are removed from the pickle pot
- Slate work table is cleaned with a wet rag
- If necessary, quenching and neutralizing dishes are re-filled
Student imparts: Tool unplugged and plug wrapped in safe/visible location, tag filled out and
posted, front desk notified (if on site) and shop lead emailed immediately.
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email email@example.com, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).