|Document/Printout||Download (old versions)|
Certification for: 12in. Plate Shear (Jewelry Studio), Belt Sander (Jewelry Studio), Drill Press (Jewelry) (Jewelry Studio), Fasco Tumbler (Jewelry Studio), Flex Shaft Grinder (Jewelry Studio), Polisher (Jewelry Studio)
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
All tools and their appropriate uses can be properly identified.
- Large Bench Shears
- DuraBull Polishing & Buffing Machine
- Mini Belt Sander
- Tabletop Drill Press
- Calipers, Stencils, and sandpaper
- Hand Tools (pliers, jewelers saw, files, etc.)
- Various Hammers (Steel vs. Brass vs. Non-marring)
- Daps, Dapping blocks, Disc Cutter, and Stamps
- Hammering Table & Surfaces (Steel & wooden surfaces, mandrels, vices, etc.)
- Flex Shaft and Bits
- Jewelers Bench
- Patina and metal cleaning station
- Safety precautions are followed - safety glasses, hair tied back, sweatshirt ties and other loose clothing is secured and out of the way, close toed shoes, etc.
- Work stations are cleared where necessary
- Appropriate compound is chosen and applied for buffing wheel
- BurLife is applied to burs and drills on Drill Press and Flex Shaft
- Polishing and Buffing wheels are used with appropriate technique and for appropriate applications
- Appropriate careful technique is used for bench shears, drill press, and other machinery
- Correct technique and application are used with appropriate hammers
- Flex Shaft is used with correct technique, speed, and control, and appropriate bits are chosen
- Hand tools are used with correct technique
- Liver of Sulphur is prepared correctly and used with appropriate precautionary techniques
- Tumbler is used with appropriate tumbling media, an assembled in the correct order
- All work areas are cleaned
- Bench Shears are closed and locked
- Jewelers Bench
- Buffing Machine is OFF and all buffing/polishing wheels and compound are stowed
- Belt Sander is unplugged
- Drill Press is unplugged and drill bits are stowed
- Tumbler and tumbling media are completely dried, and tumbling media is stored in barrel
- Tumbler is unplugged
- All hand tools, mandrels, and hammers are put away
- Disc cutter is stowed in plastic bag
- Hammering Table is cleared
- Jewelers benches are swept of debris
- Flex Shaft is appropriately stowed and attachments are put away
- LOS has been properly disposed of OR has been saved in jar with lid tightly secured
- Cleaning area has been wiped down and tidied
- Student imparts: Tool unplugged and plug wrapped in safe/visible location, tag filled out and posted, front desk notified (if on site) and shop lead emailed immediately.
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email email@example.com, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).