Drill Press Certification
From Claremont MakerSpace
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
|Drill Press Certification|
|Document/Printout||Drill Press Certification|
|Required For Tools/Shops|
|Version:||0.1.0 - 2020-11-03|
Certification required for: 5-speed 8 inch bench drill press (Wood Shop), Drill Press (Wood) (Wood Shop)
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
- Parts of the drill press are properly identified
- On/Off switch
- Feed handle
- Depth stop
- Safety precautions are followed - safety glasses, proper clothing, work area cleared, no gloves etc.
- Workpiece is clamped to table
- Scrap/sacrificial board is placed under workpiece and clamped to table
- Drill bit properly installed in chuck
- Student imparts uses of common bits
- Table is adjusted to proper height and tightened.
- Student demonstrates ability to drill a piece of stock with correct technique
- Work area is cleaned
- Student imparts lockout/tagout procedure: Tool unplugged and barrel covers and locks, tag filled out and posted, front desk notified.
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email email@example.com, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).