Router Table Certification
|Router Table Certification
|Required For Tools/Shops
|1.0.0 - 2022-11-11
Certification required for: Router Table (Wood Shop)
DO NOT USE THIS PAGE AS A SIGN OFF SHEET
Please print the document from the download link in the top right of the wiki page instead!
Training Check-Off List:
Parts of the Router Table are identified properly.
- Router motor lift and lift lock mechanism
- Router table insert plates
- Router fence
- Pin routing pin
- Router Table bit guard
- Material stop
- On-off switch
- Dust collection port and blast gate (on duct)
- Router chucks and wrenches
- Router motor speed selector switch
- On-off switch on router motor
- Pre-Operation Safety precautions are followed - safety glasses, proper clothing, work area cleared, etc.
- Stock is checked for issues/problems Bit guard height is adjusted to proper level for the job at hand
- Router bit is properly installed (bit is firmly tightened into chuck properly sized to hold bit)
- The bit height is is set and locked after adjustment
- Proper router table insert plate is installed
- Fence (or pin) is properly set (installed) and tightened
- Featherboards and/or fence material stop are properly installed and tightened
- Dust collector is used properly
- Proper body position
- Proper push aid(s) are used
- Student conducts straight cut properly
- Student conducts curved cut properly
- Student conducts pin cut properly
- Miter gauge is used properly
- Fence is used properly
- Table pin is used properly
- Work area is cleaned - scraps go to scrap bin and work area is swept or vacuumed
- Router bits, chucks, stops, inserts, and push aids are returned to their proper locations
Tool unplugged and plug wrapped in safe/visible location, barrel covers and locks, tag filled out and posted, front desk notified.
Certifer: Please scan this QR Code to email email@example.com, and include a list of students who have passed this test.
Then, return this form to the front desk (even if the student failed!).